Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VMLAB and STK500v2 (Read 3417 times)
wkwj00
YaBB Newbies

I Love VMLAB !

VMLAB and STK500v2
03/25/11 at 00:31:25

Hi, is there any chance that the new release of vmlab will support the latest (or newer than 1.42) version of STK500 firmware ? I am trying to use the current vmlab with STK500.exe from AVR Studio ver. 4.18 (with SP3) but with no succes. I know STK is "oldfashioned" but there is very nice and powerful piece of software (which requires very simple hardware) done by Christian Urlich http://www.ullihome.de which could be used with vmlab in STK-compatible mode.
Best regards,
wkwj

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator

I love forums, don't
you?

AMcTools (Spain)
Re: VMLAB and STK500v2
Reply #1 - 03/28/11 at 00:14:14

Hi,

Well, the thing is that I cannot promise you that this will be supported and when. However I can give you some hints, if you wish to integrate the programmer or any other utility into VMLAB:

- The VMLAB STK500 interface just calls and reads back Atmel's original STK500.EXE, so it is fully string based. If you are able to write a program that in some why wraps the new STK500.EXE into the old text interface, in theory, it would work.

- There is a utility: the CLICKTOOL, which can integrate any software into VMLAB. Just use this in the project file:

[[font=Courier New]
.CLICKTOOL "myUtility.exe -a myFile.hex";  the command line....[/font]

Then VMLAB will call this when you click the "tools" buttons (the most top right).

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print